Senior Operations Engineer
Feb 2020 - Present
I am currently a Senior Operations Engineer for the NOC at JBH. Some of my responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop web applications and API services that provided value to daily operations and reporting.
- Provide support and training for Dynatrace and our other monitoring tools as an SME for each of the products.
- Teach NOC about programming practices such as Pull Requests, agile development, CICD pipelines, and much more.
Jan 2019 - Feb 2020
I started at J.B. Hunt as a Contractor in the position of NOC Engineer. While I was a contractor, some of my responsibilities included:
- Developed a number of small utilities to be used by the NOC that made handling operations much easier.
- Monitored operations health via software such as Dynatrace, ExtraHop, etc., to keep servers, services, and websites functional and healthy for business use.
- Networked with various teams to ensure proper support and simplify any existing processes.
- Work with a number of clients to create, maintain, or simply improve, their company websites.
- Became a top-10% contractor with an award from Upwork, the main site I used for gaining new clients.
- Retained a number of regular clients while developing new relationships with new clients.
- Tested each new iteration of our software to ensure a high-level of quality.
- Created an Android app that was based on an iOS app the company had (iPowerShell).
- Provided front-line support for customers via a forum and dedicated support ticket system.